Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Fiona


Fiona and I met through Sue about fifteen years ago. She has been one of my closest friends since. When I got back from my travels we met every forthnight at Pizza Express in Clappham Junction, and ordered exactly the same thing every week so there was more time for talking. She lives with husband Andy and their two girls Harriet and Lottie in sunny Weybridge.


Ok so here we go on the top 10 albums - you have no idea how hard this was cause I am just not such a muso as some of you!

In no particular order:

Queen - Night at the Opera. This was the first album I ever owned and is I think a timeless classic. It is also one of the few albums where I know most of the words to all of the songs!
Blondie - Parallel Lines. Debbie Harry was my goddess when I was at school and this album is just soo cool.

Alicia Keys - Songs In A Minor. Reminds me of being pregnant with Harriet, and I just love the songs.

George Martin - In My Life. Ok so slightly off the wall as this is an album of Beatles covers by "unusal" artists (Robin Williams, Jim Carrey and Billy Connolly to name a few) but is a FAB album. It also contains the one and only song that I like from Celine Dion (wait to hear it before groaning please).

Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell. This has to be one of the rock classics and I can listen to this for ever and never bore of it. It also takes me back to my sixth form years and has some very happy memories attached.

David Bowie - Hunky Dory. This again is an absolute classic and has some of my favourite Bowie songs on it. Again a cool album.

George Michael - Listen Without Prejudice. This is the album that convinced me that the weird looking one from Wham really could write and sing! And I think probably his best album - it was meant to be Part 1 but Part 2 never happened!

U2 - Rattle and Hum. Can't think of a U2 album I don't like but this one I really love.

Simple Minds - Once Upon a Time. Love this one and can singalong for ever!

Prince - Purple Rain or 1999 (can't make my mind up) both contain favourite Prince tracks and remind me of one of the best concerts I ever saw.

Hey I've done it!!!!!

Sadly Harriet's top 10 would contain Spice Girls, S Club 7, Take That and Girls Aloud..............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home